The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force across the European Union on 25thMay 2018 and brings with it the most significant changes to data Protection law in two decades. Based on privcy by design and taking a risk-based approach, the GDPR has been designed to meet the requirements of the digital age
The 21st Century brings with it broader use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross- border processing across the EU; affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information
This policy was updated on the 1st May 2019
Ski Astons respects the privacy of our users and we are fully committed to ensuring your personal information is protected, as per the 1988 Data Protection Act (DPA), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations, and most recently the General Data Provisions Regulations (GDPR).
We are dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new regulation.
Your Data Controller is: Ultima Tours Ltd TA Ski Astons
This policy sets out how Ultima Tours Ltd TA Ski Astons (Ski Astons, “we”, “us”, “our”,) as data controller in respect of the personal data detailed below, obtain and use your personal data as well as your rights regarding our possession and processing of such data
Who we are
Ultima Tours TA Ski Astons is a tour operator specialising in tailor made packages for schools and youth groups who wish to travel abroad. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business activities
- Teachers organising school groups
- Youth groups organising adventurous trips
- Ski Club captains and managers organising training visits
- Details of passengers on booked tours required to faciliatate bookings
- Employees at companies which acts as service providers to our tours ie. coach companies, hoteliers
- Employees, contractors and temporary workers at Ultima Tours and Ski Astons
How Data is collected
Personal data and information will be collected from you
- on request for a quote or following an enquiry for a tour or course
- through completion of sign up agreements from our mailing lists , or website or exhibitions
- by completing an enquiry form on the Ski Astons or Ultima Tours website
- by completing an application forms when offering services to the company
What Information Do We Collect
Your information refers to personal data and details we collect via our website and information given to us by you, about you or on behalf of those you represent. Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website, links to or from our website, connect with us on social media and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you. This may include information such as:
- Personal details (name, gender, age etc.)
- Contact details (phone number, email address etc.)
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- Financial details (credit/debit card, bank details)
- Travel documents (passport numbers etc.)
- * Care needs including special needs/disabilities/medical conditions/dietary requirements that
you supply us or are supplied to us on your behalf.
- It may also include social preferences, interests, activities and any other information about you or persons you represent (such as those on or involved with the booking.)
* Denotes sensitive information
Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the GDPR Act 2018. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal information on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information to us in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf, or in the interest of other travellers, or in an emergency.
Once the reason for processing this data is completed we will cease processing this data
Why We Process Personal Information
We process your personal information to allow us to provide the high quality of service you have contracted us to supply, and to support our business interests. Processing may occur before, during and after the tour.
A For School and youth groups this may include:
- Providing services to you and recording what services we have provided
- Making enquirers and customers aware of news and offers from Ski Astons
- Raising an invoice, ATOL certificate and or Insurance policies for your group
- Booking flights or ferry or Eurotunnel crossings
- Handling enquiries, complaints and investigations
- Managing the health, welfare, safety and security of our customers ie medical and dietary requirements will be forwarded to hotels, coach companies, airlines, sports instructors to ensure they can provide specific assistance or suitable meals as required
- Monitoring and improving the quality of our services by requesting feedback following your tour
- To supply our agents and sub-contractors who are working on our behalf with the required information to process and fulfil your booking.
B For Suppliers of services for our tours
Dependant on the service being provided the following personal data may be collected and processed
- Contact name and details of company owners and transport managers
- Details of operators licence
- Details of insurers
- Contact details of all drivers involved with the tour
Hotels and Agents
- Contact name and details of the Hotel manager directly associated with clients
- Contact name and details of the account manager and director of the agency
- Names and signatures of all those involved with contracts and Health and safety agreements
Venues & Attractions
- Contact name, address, e mail, mobile phone details for account manager at Venue
- Name of venue manager and or director and contact details
The above data may be used
- To process booking confirmation on behalf of groups
- To request support if our groups require assistance in an emergency, including out of hours
- To enable us to complete necessary health & safety documentation & audits ie School Travel forum
- To settle invoices associated with our groups
- To contact any contracted employees involved with the tour
C For Staff offering services to tours
Dependant on the service being provided the following personal data may be collected and processed
- Name and contact details ie home address email address mobile number
- An up to date CV
- Copies of relevant licences
- Details of medical conditions and or dietary requirements *
(* Denotes sensitive information)
In this instance data may be used
- To arrange an interview or make an offer
- To ensure any specific assistance or personal requirements are met in our dealings with you
- To contact references provided
- To generate contractual agreements and other legal documents to support your involvement
- To contact next of kin in an emergency
- To monitor and record performance during agreed periods of services being provided
- To record training undertaken and evidenced to requirements of School Travel Forum
- To record and monitor any work place accidents
D For Marketing purposes
If you have approached us for a quote or details regarding our school ski tour packages or Snowsport training courses or other information from us we may send you direct marketing literature that we perceive may be pertinent to you. In this instance we will hold your name and contact details and use such to forward information relating to our services, course calendars, special discounts, forthcoming events and promotions
You have the right to decline receipt of such literature at any time. Every marketing communication will include details of how to exercise such right.
Securing Your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your personal information and to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Emails containing your personal information sent to or from us will not be encrypted. You are free to make use of an encrypted service to share personal information if you wish or it is your organisation’s policy to do so.
Ski Astons will store and use your information for no longer than is deemed necessary for the provision of its contracted services. Your data may be kept for up to 10 years after your return date in accordance with statutory legal limits and to comply with our legal obligations concerning your tour and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims as required.
Transferring Personal Information To Third Parties
Once a booking has been confirmed, we may need to pass information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies, insurance companies, lift pass providers etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs / immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not however, pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you cannot give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary / religious requirements.
(If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.)
When you book a tour with Ski Astons we will require an Information Sharing Agreement (ISA). The ISA should confirm that you have gained consent from those whose personal information will be shared with Ski Astons. If you do not provide us with an ISA but do subsequently supply personal information to us it will be deemed that you have received explicit consent for the personal information to be used for the purpose(s) stated.
Data Subject Rights
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned we provide easy to access information via our website, in the office, during the induction etc, of an individual’s right to access any personal information that we hold and to request information about:
- Personal data held
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has / will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from them, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed and the process for requesting this
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and be informed about any automated decision making that we use
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy and who to contact in such instances
How Do I Withdraw My Consent?
Where we have obtained your consent for processing of personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Should you wish to do so please contact our Data Compliance Officer by email email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Ultima Tours TA Ski Astons Ltd, The Chalet, Clerkenleap Broomhall Worcester. WR5 3HR
Accessing Your Personal Information
Please note you are entitled to a copy of your personal information held by us. If you would like to see this please contact our Data Compliance Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the above address.
Cookies are used by most Internet providers and are small files that are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. They will assist us to recognise you when you next visit the website.
No personal information received from your enquiry will be sold, rented, or revealed to any third party. Your email address is completely secure and will not be shared or disclosed to any other individual or organisation.
How To Complain About Our Processing Of Personal Information